Saturday, August 7, 2010

Goodbye 2

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 13; the thirteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.
     This was my old post, shamelessly posting it again as i think i get less attention or appreciations compared to the hard work which goes behind writing. Enjoy reading anyway !

It was the time for our last Goodbye :-( 



As she disconnected from me 
without telling a reason,
without a hint of what went wrong
Leaving me bewildered & wondering in agony

I was sure we could work things out
whatever they were, with minor adjustments
I could change myself completely for her
I could have gone extra miles for setting things right
As I always knew I was not the perfect one for her

But I knew deep within, that this was not the reason,
a reason she preferred not to reveal
But I know for sure there was some other reason
a reason beyond my awareness,
a reason she never wanted me to know

I knew without a doubt that she could never be unfaithful
just fighting hard to accept her destiny as mine.   
probably it was an obligation
a compromise included in her destiny
But I know she could never have never been unfaithful to me

As she went ahead
She turned to look at me one last time
With tears in her eyes, & a trembling smile
Telling the obvious truth
It was not her choice to depart
But the result of embracing her destiny
I wish I could her hug her for one last time
as she kissed goodbye from a distance apart

For the miles we walked together seemed infinitesimally small
there was still a long way ahead, in the wonderland of our dreams
in the beautiful & abundant life
in the life awaiting to make our dreams come true

My heart was sealed for her
I thought of none except her
The faith & trust which kept our love alive
I know, i can never love anyone that way
As our love was most pure & eternal

With her gone & with unwilling desire to move on
I just have one small wish left.
I just wish her pain reduces
Suppressing the wish, she could be mine again
to live the promises we made long before
which seem to now disappear in vain

I know you will not return baby
I know we can never be together again
But I will keep waiting for you now & for ever
You can find me at cross roads where we separated
I will be there until the end of time waiting for you to return
Coz that’s the only thing which makes sense
In this life which is meaningless without you.

I know you can never be mine
Still I refuse to accept this reality
For what’s left after this
Is a sense of void without even a silly hope of your return?

The last flower from you will wither in my book
though the memories of our time together will remain afresh in my heart
there is nothing other than memories to move on in life
rather feels to move backward to relive the moments we were together.
Just once again.

I feel so cold inside
Missing all the warmth of love & care within
For there are only memories to recall
The ones to cherish for the remaining lifetime

Sometime’s life is bit unfair
Depriving small aspirations too,
For all the love we shared , I think destiny was more than generous
But this is just not the way I wanted it to end

I wish she could be mine forever,
Hopefully I could run into her in next lifetime
Hope she recognizes me then
For I will the same as I am now
Her mad lover boy. 
Loving her more than anything else.
I will miss you deeply, deep within my hearts

Amidst all these thoughts, as I realize the obvious truth
I feel a sense a soothing, a relaxed breadth in eternal bliss
For I know for sure that our destiny is not written separately
within no time, we shall be together
high up in the sky, just like a binary star
I will be yours & you will be mine




Pyar ke rahon mein chalna tumne sikhaya....
Pyar ke haseen ehsaason ke sapne sajana tumne sikhaya....
Zindagi ke najane kis ajeeb mod pe, jab tum chal diye apne raaste, tanha hum reh gaye...
Tere intezaar mein hum khade hai unhe raahon mein, jahan hum judaa ho gaye.....
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

10 comments:

Sidra Sayeed said...

why is love always a premise for a good bye?
I liked your post.

Nir said...

Such a long ode...
Still feeling the heartaches huh...

Sunny said...

Very well written ... Its a good post ... the last lines in hindi are good too ... Even i've written a poem similar ... hope u do drop in to read it ... :-) well not exactly similar ... except that I said I cant just let go of my love ...
All the very best for BAT ...

mayur said...

baap re...ab tak nahi bhoole use :(

the poem had the right intent..and the feelings shown through it...but i feel it could have been a little shorter. or maybe i felt so, coz i am generally averse to reading long posts ;)

All the best for BAT!!!

Beyond Horizon said...

a long deep seated ache......dont expect life 2 b fair...its good-bye 4 now...but nvr ending relation later... dat silly hope....will keep u awaiting

Someone is Special said...

a very touchy poem, i am impressed..
All The Best for BAT 13.

gmsaravana - Goodbye

Yours Frendly,
Someone Is Special

Khushboo R. Gandhi said...

highly emotional n showed all d various thuts very nicely...

-Devilzangel
http://collected-cryptics.blogspot.com

Gauri said...

lovely post
ATB for BAT13
Gkam - Goodbye

Keerthi Purushothaman said...

Very emotional and long. But the underlying pain justifies the length. And I love the end. :)

All the best!

Prateek_Benhal said...

Hi Sunil, very good blog and thanks for the memories. It is true that all of our lives have changed after leaving hostel, but can't forget those golden days. I wish we could get one more opportunity in life to live together like in hostel. :)

ReadersSpeak

Get Recent Comments Widget